Saturday, June 21, 2014

Into double digits

Today was my first double digit run of this cycle of marathon training. It kind of sucked. I got lost and ran the wrong way for a mile, got stung by a horsefly, and had stomach issues that left me running for the nearest port-a-potty. But I got the miles in and that's what's important!


My last few runs haven't been great. They've been hot, humid, and slow, and I've had more stomach problems and bathroom issues than ever before. I keep telling myself that all the hard miles I put in now will only make the marathon that much better. Struggling to get through miles, running on tired legs, and running hills are all GREAT training for running a marathon. I would much rather have tough runs now during training, and hopefully a much better run on the day of the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment