Sunday, November 2, 2014

1989

Nice to meet you. Where you been? I could show you incredible things.
Of course I had to buy Taylor Swift's new album 1989 the day it came out! I've been listening to it non-stop this week. Although it's different from any of her previous albums, I really like it! I love that her sound keeps evolving and that she's not afraid to try something new. Sometimes I miss the country feel of her first record, but Red and 1989 have been my favorites since then. These are my favorite songs so far:

1. Blank Space: 

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain

Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

2. Style

He's got that James Dean daydream look in his eye
And I've got that red lip classic thing that he likes
When we go crashing down, we'll come back every time
Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style

3. Wildest Dreams

Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks, say you'll see me a-gain, even if it's just in your...
Wildest dreams

4. Bad Blood

Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve 'em
You made a really deep cut
And now we've got bad blood

5. I Know Places

Ba-by, I know places we won't be found
They'll be, chasing their tails trying to track us down
Cause I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i, I know places
We can hi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-de, I know places.

They've got the cages, they've got the boxes - and guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes- and we run

6. All You Had To Do Was Stay

People like you always want back the love they pushed aside
But people like me are gone forever when you say goodbye

STAY, hey, All you had to do was stay
Had me in the palm of your hand
Now, why'd you have to go and lock me out when I let you in?
STAY, hey, All you had to do was STAY
Well, it could've been easy, all you had to do was STAY

Those are the songs that really stand out so far. They're the ones I keep listening to again and again- in fact, it took me awhile to listen to the entire cd because I kept going back to repeat the ones I loved! The only two I don't like are This Love and Clean - they're kind of slow and boring, and the lyrics don't really stand out to me. Otherwise, the whole cd is really great, and I love the Polaroids that came with it - so cool! I hope Taylor's able to sell one million albums this week! She really deserves it. There are about 6 or 7 songs out of 13 that I could see being radio singles. It is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment