Tuesday, June 16, 2015

California Wine & Cheese

Earlier this month, my roommate and I had a wine and cheese night at our apartment. Most of the rehab staff came (about 10 people) and we told everyone to bring either a bottle of wine or cheese or a side dish. Cat and I made a cheese board with fruit, chocolate, cheese, almonds, and salami.
The crackers in the middle were topped with goat cheese, a drizzle of honey, and a blackberry. They were probably my favorite treat. Cat also made delicious baked brie topped with a maple pecan glaze. We had many other plates full of cheese, crackers, grapes, and more of the crackers with the goat cheese and berries. It was such a fun night! Others brought nachos and cheese, spinach dip, Brie dip, apples with bleu cheese, and different kinds of wine.

We had a blast trying all the different snacks and wine, and hanging out together outside of work.

On Saturday my roommate Cat and I went to Murphys, which is a cute little town about 45 minutes from Sonora. Murphys is known for its many small wineries. We went to a bunch of them over the course of the day and got lunch and dinner in town. It was a fun relaxing day of eating and drinking. My favorite winery was Vina Moda. We had one white wine, one rose, and three reds there, and liked every single one!

No comments:

Post a Comment