Tuesday, July 5, 2011

De and Doug's Wedding

Saturday, July 2, 2011 was the long awaited wedding of Deanne and Doug Townshend, two of my long-time friends from Liberty. Their outdoor wedding was short and sweet, and the reception was a ton of fun! Many of my close friends were there, so I went from one table to another chatting with everyone, and occasionally running off to fulfill one of my many maid of honor responsibilities. I hardly had a chance to sit down and eat, there were so many people to say hi to, and so much to do! The wedding really went off without a hitch. It was kind of hot during the ceremony, but cooled down as the night progressed. The lights around the tent were so pretty, and the talking, laughter, and dancing made it an enchanting evening.

There are a lot of photos from the wedding, but here are a few of my favorites.
The girls
The guys
All of us- jumping picture
I think it's hilarious that every single girl is in the air- including Skylar, the bridesmaid who was pregnant. And none of the guys are, except for Dorin. It's as if Styer (red shirt) is holding them back, like "wait, what are we supposed to do?"
De and Doug- just married!
Bridesmaids
Niki, Meridith, Skylar, Sarah, Krista, Me
Groomsmen
Styer, Kevin, Justin, Haas, Issac, Dorin
De and Doug cutting the cake.
The reception seemed like it was over in a blur. De and Doug cut the cake, hugged everyone, and left in Doug's red camero amidst a cloud of smoke and fire from all the sparklers. After the wedding, we were all too wound up to just go home and sleep, so a bunch of us bridesmaids and groomsmen got together, played games, and watched videos on youtube until 3am. Leslie and I had to wake up the next day and drive 12 hours to Massachusetts. Needless to say, we were exhausted, but it was so worth it! I love the camaraderie of my LU friends and it was nice to see them all again. I just can't believe De and Doug are finally married!

1 comment: