Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My life lately

I feel like the one constant thing in my life is studying. Other things change. I get into phases where I work out a lot, or read a lot, or there are times when I'm really good at having a daily quiet time (I really need to work on that one!). But I always have studying to do. And the thing about PT school is that I actually have to remember this stuff. Not just for the test. For the real world- because someday I'm going to be in a hospital or clinic treating patients and I need to know what to do! The problem is that it's so hard to put all this stuff together. I need to take anatomy, neuro, rehab, kinesiology, orthopedics... and combine all the concepts together to be able to diagnose, evaluate, and treat patients. I feel like I'll never be able to remember enough of it to be a good therapist.

I often feel like I'm not doing enough. I feel like I should look up articles on my own, review anatomy and M&A, go to clinics with professors, etc. But honestly, it's all I can do just to keep up with all my classes. I study a lot, so in my spare time, I don't want to do anything PT- related. I need the mental break from schoolwork. That's why I love going to church and Bible study so much. It's a nice change of pace from the PT world. That's also one of the reasons why I love to run now. It's refreshing to be able to go outside and do something after sitting inside in class for most of the day.

In other news, we had the PT department picnic this weekend, which was pretty fun. The second year class is responsible for providing the main dish, so we brought hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken and had a great cookout! It was fun to hang out with some of the first and third year students (and some of the professors!)
Brad, Austin, Dr. Bowman, Marie, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment