Thursday, July 12, 2012

Let Summer begin!

My clinical is over. I went to work for the last time on Friday and then my CI took me out to lunch afterwards. That was so sweet and thoughtful on her part. Really, my experience in outpatient wasn’t as bad as it could have been. My CI was nice, the clinic was a good pace for me, and I saw a variety of patient diagnoses. I learned a lot there this summer. I felt a lot more confident in my ability to treat patients by the end of my affiliation. Even so, I still don’t like outpatient PT and I don’t ever want to work there. I’m glad it’s over.

One thing that really touched me is how sad some of my patients were to see me leave. One sweet elderly lady gave me a card thanking me for helping with her therapy. She was so sad that I wouldn’t be working with her anymore. I’m glad I could make a small difference in my patients’ lives in the short time I was there.

Now I’m in Maine and I’m so happy to be home! After doing a job I really didn’t enjoy for the past two months, it’s so incredibly amazing to be at home enjoying the lake with the people I love. I’ve missed my family a lot recently. It’s so nice to be together with them again!

2 comments:

  1. It is! It's perfect weather here. Unlike Richmond where it was 105 degrees the week before I left! I'm sure it's hot in Lynchburg too. Hope you and Doug are surviving the heat!

    ReplyDelete