Sunday, December 23, 2012

Dropping off...

...the face of the earth. That's what I feel like sometimes when I come home! It's incredibly wonderful being around my family, but sometimes I feel so disconnected from the rest of the world. In the past five days, this is the first time I've turned on my computer! I've enjoyed the break from social media, but I miss all my friends in Virginia too, and I feel so far away from everyone when I'm up here in Massachusetts.

Still, I wouldn't trade this time with my family for anything! I feel like the days are going by soooo fast. It feels like I just got home even though it's really been almost a week. I wish I could make it slow down because I want to spend as much time with my family as possible before I have to go back to school.

Things we've been doing this break:
  • Settlers of Catan - got this board game for Christmas and love it!
  • Working out - been to some fun group classes at the gym and I'm sore because of it!
  • Nancy Drew - we get the computer games every year and play them together.
  • Cooking - we've been trying some new recipes that have been really good.
  • Impractical Jokers - most hilarious show on TV. I die laughing every time I watch it.
Yesterday my aunt and uncle and cousin came over for lunch and we had a make-your-own-salad bar. We had a bunch of toppings, including avocados, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, onions, apples, croutons, chicken, carrots, cucumbers, and 3 kinds of cheese. The toppings looked so colorful and pretty! We put everything out on the island counter and people served themselves. It ended up being one of the best salads I've ever eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment