Sunday, December 2, 2012

Running Schedule 2013

I'm really excited about running some cool new races in 2013, including a few more marathons! I think it'll be really cool to say I ran 26 miles when I was 26. :)
As promised, here's a tenative list of all the races I want to do in 2013.

Spring Races
March 17. Shamrock Marathon.
April 4. Charlottesville Marathon.
April 28. Nike Women's Half Marathon. (CONFIRMED)
May 17-18. Reach the Beach Relay.

Fall Races
September 20-21. Colonial 200 Relay.
October 27. Marine Corps Marathon. (Registration opens March 27)
November 16. Anthem Richmond Marathon (again!) (CONFIRMED)

The big question marks are the Shamrock marathon and Charlottesville marathon. If I want to run them, I need to sign up soon and commit to training... but right now I'm really enjoying a little break from running. Plus, I always have trouble maintaining a running schedule during winter break when I'm home. It's always really cold in Massachusetts and it gets dark really fast, which interferes with me getting in my long runs! I want to make my decision by the end of December because race prices increase after that. I'm torn as to whether or not I really want to do two marathons in the spring and train all winter.

Below, just for fun, is a list of the big-deal marathons that I want to do someday:

Bucket List Marathons
Marine Corps Marathon
Big Sur
Eugene
New York City

2 comments: