Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Road Therapy

Sometimes I LOVE driving. Does that sound weird? There's something about hitting the road, being free and alone, and cruising along to my favorite songs. I particularly love it when it's a nice day and I can drive fast on the highway. I'll belt out my favorite songs and bask in the sun coming through the window. I love it. Sometimes when I'm feeling stifled, I have to escape to my car. As I drive along, I can feel endless possibilities open up. Suddenly the world seems big and beautiful again.

I do so much driving, you'd think it'd lose its effect. I frequently take weekend trips, so all the driving could potentially get old, but I save certain things to make the car rides fun. I bought Carrie Underwood's cd Play On and Daughtry's cd Break the Spell a while back, but hadn't listened to them yet. So last weekend when I drove to Melissa's wedding, I belted out some country with Carrie on the way there and rocked out to Daughtry on the way back. It was awesome.

Here are some of my favorite "Road Therapy" songs:

-Get Out of This Town (Carrie Underwood)
-Dirt Road Anthem (Jason Aldean)
-Renegade (Daughtry)
-Who Wouldn't Want To Be Me (Keith Urban)
-I Like It Like That (Hot Chelle Rae)
-Soak Up the Sun (Sheryl Crow)
-Brighter Than the Sun (Colbie Caillat)

No comments:

Post a Comment