Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Licensed... what's next?

Today was a great day- I found out I passed the boards for physical therapy!

It was an overwhelming feeling, but kind of anti-climatic. I checked my boards in the morning after receiving a couple texts and facebook messages from friends saying "results are up," just as I was about to leave for work. I quickly logged on to check. My heart was in my throat as the page loaded.... at first it was hard to find the six little letters I'd been waiting for: passed! I was ecstatic and relieved and giddy all at once. This huge rush of emotion hit me that all I'd worked for the past three years had culminated in this: I'm now a licensed PT. Then I had to drive to work like any other day. Like I said, anti-climatic.

Now that I've passed my boards, I'm already wondering what my next goal should be. I've been waiting for the day when I could stop focusing on studying to focus on other things! I have several ideas, but I want to think through them all and focus on a few things at a time. In general, here's what I'd like to do:

1) Fitness goals: I really want to try CrossFit, run another marathon, and do an un-assisted pull-up.

2) Healthy eating: I've been looking into Paleo and I like the simplicity of it, but like a lot of diets it's just a little too extreme. I want to start phasing out junk food and start eating healthier until I'm eating about 80/20 Paleo.

3) Travel: My plan is to take advantage of opportunities around me and the ability to stay with friends in order to travel cheaply. Several possible opportunities: Savannah, GA; Edmonton, Alberta; and an African safari.

I'm trying to decide what to focus on first. I want these goals to be FUN not stressful, so I don't want to take on too much. At the same time, I'm really excited and want to do everything all at once! For now, I'm taking a moment to enjoy free time that's not filled with PT books.

No comments:

Post a Comment