Saturday, September 14, 2013

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I love to shop. LOVE it. Especially after a hard week at work, I love to go buy a few "treats" for myself. However, I don't like to spend a lot of money. My favorite stores are bargain stores like Ross, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx, and department stores like Target where I can find great deals.

I'm kind of a spastic shopper. I usually have a few ideas of items I'm looking for, but I also check out clearance racks and sales. I buy the most random assortment of things! I thought it would be fun to post about my retail therapy shopping trip!

First up: Target. I was actually looking for artwork and a corkboard for my bedroom, but I didn't see anything I liked. Instead I bought:
Champion sports bras. These are my favorite sports bras and I've been waiting for them to go on sale! They are NOT compression, so they're more comfortable than a lot of other sports bras. I love the lightweight breathable fabric and seamless design.
$11.88 each

Hangers. I needed these because somehow I'm always running out of hangers in my closet!
$2.99 and $1.47

Styling station. My first completely random purchase of the day. It's a container for my straightener and curling iron! I've tried hanging hooks in the bathroom to keep it organized, but that hasn't worked. I think this will work better because I can hang it over my towel bar and keep my styling tools off the bathroom counter.
$10.48

Beach Towel. Earrings. The beach towel was another random purchase. I don't really need it, but I loved the colors and it was on major sale! I love checking out the jewelry at Target because they have an entire section of nickel-free jewelry. I found a lot of cute earrings today for a good price.
Towel: $3.48
Earrings: $7.99 each

Pie server. Conditioner. Q-tips. Lastly, I hit up the dollar section at Target for some deals. I've been wanting a small container of Q-tips to take with me on weekend trips. I got the conditioner because it's for damaged hair and I want to see if it helps my split ends. The pie server was completely random, but sometimes all my spatulas are dirty and I need an extra!
$1.00 each

Next stop: Ross.
Wine glasses. I've been looking for wine glasses like these! I saw similar glasses in a store a few weeks back, but the box was damaged. I love the idea of different color stems so everyone can remember which wine glass is theirs.
$9.99

Cosmetic bag. I've been trying to find a good cosmetic bag for weekend trips. This isn't exactly what I wanted, but it's big enough to hold full-size bottles of shampoo and conditioner plus make-up and other odds&ends. It also has a plastic lining inside to prevent leakage, so I figured it was a good buy.
$9.99

Last store: Marshalls.
Scarf. I recently bought some new fall tops and I think this scarf will go perfectly with a few of them. I love the maroon color. I don't typically wear scarves that much, but this season I'm falling in love with styles that are pulled together with a scarf or a statement necklace.
$12.99
Water bottle. I have a few running water bottles, but the last one I bought was cheap and it leaks. Last weekend, I ran with Tristan's water bottle and I loved it. It's Nathan brand. It has a big pouch, comfortable grip, and most importantly a spout that's easy to sip and doesn't leak!
$9.99
Eye shadow. I almost didn't buy this because I'm not sure if I like all the colors. I'm also not sure about the quality of Elf eye shadow. But I'm running out of some of my Mary Kay browns and every now and then I like to try some new shades. Plus, it was cheap so even if I only like a few colors, it'll be worth it.
$4.99

There you have it! I had a lot of fun shopping today and found some great deals. I'm excited to try out the new products I got! I love love love bargain shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment