Saturday, January 11, 2014

Best Buy of 2013

One of my favorite purchases last year was the Kindle Fire. I got it mainly for the purpose of having a portable tablet, but discovered that I really enjoy it for reading books and watching Netflix, too.

During a ski trip to Maine, I read The Cuckoo's Calling by J.K. Rowling (written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith). It was a surprisingly entertaining mystery. I started the book not really expecting too much and ended up liking it a lot! I was impressed by Rowling's vocabulary. The dictionary feature of the Kindle was an unexpected benefit, because there were several words I had to look up. The Kindle was great for reading easily on the plane; it hardly took up any space, and I was able to use it to read, browse the internet, and watch Netflix at the airport.

The video is very clear and crisp for a 7 inch screen. Sometimes I like to watch a TV episode in bed before I go to sleep, and it's perfect for that. I'm starting to discover a few other uses, like using Evernote to keep to-do lists, but I haven't downloaded many apps yet. Still, even if I just use it for internet and books, I think I'll get my money's worth. I love it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment