Thursday, October 21, 2010

Compatible or not

One of the big things I forgot to mention was the new game we played this weekend. When Tristan and Emily and I met at camp, we played this really fun game called “Compatibility” and we all loved it, but we haven’t been able to find it since. I’ve looked for it everywhere, but no store seems to have it. Anyway, Leslie found it online and she and I bought the game for Tristan’s birthday. It’s so fun! Here’s how you play: Everyone gets a deck of cards with the same pictures. When it’s your turn, you flip over a topic card, which will have a word, for example “freedom”. You and your partner each have to choose five picture cards that you think represent “freedom”. The more you match, the more compatible you are! I think I’m going to design my own set of picture cards to use when we get tired of the given pictures. Just for fun.

Another exciting event last week was that Taylor Swift released another single from her new album. It’s called “Back to December”. It’s a notable song for her in that it’s the first time she’s ever apologized in a song. Of course, I absolutely love it. It’s so honest and heartbreaking. And risky, because it’s totally obvious who the song is about, and I’m sure the guy has heard it by now. Of course Taylor, who has never shied away from putting personal details into her songs, doesn’t hold back now. She admits that she took the relationship for granted and that she was wrong. Yet she also realizes that she might have lost her chance with this guy. She can’t go back in time and change her mind. Still, she’s at least going to apologize in her song and put it all out there, for fans to love and critics to hate.

Picture for Taylor Swift's "Back to December" single

2 comments:

  1. According to an article I read in the paper, Taylor Swift hides hidden meanings and clues in her songs (like for instance in one of her new songs supposedly it spells out someones name?) Idk it was pretty interesting. and so i looked it up and found this site created after the release of her first album:
    http://ajshadowcat08.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/taylor-swift-new-songs-new-hidden-messages/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I never noticed that before! I'm going to have to look at my cd booklet again. I do remember that some letters where capitalized, but I never thought there would be a hidden message!

    ReplyDelete