Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back to my regimen

I've been back in school now for one week. Of course I miss all the free time I had during Christmas break, but I'm actually excited for this semester! One of the classes I'm taking is Neuro Rehab, which is an area of PT I'm interested in, so I'm looking forward to learning more about it. Another great thing about this semester is that we're not in class nearly as much as last semester, so I can work out more and spend more time with friends.

Getting back into a workout schedule is easier said than done though. I slacked off a lot when I was home and then I didn't work out at all in Costa Rica. But the weather has been so nice lately that I was eager to get back into running. I ran 5 miles last week with Alicia, then 5 miles on Sunday morning with Tristan. Let me say, those 5 miles with Tristan were the hardest and best 5 miles of my life. Hardest because we were going up and down hills, it was cold, and we were running at a fast pace. Best because I pushed through, kept going, and got an amazing second wind at the end- I felt like I was flying! It was the best feeling in the world after struggling so much for the first 4 miles. I definitely need to get my butt in gear and get back in shape!

This week I finally got to go to my church Bible study after being away for so long. It was awesome! We talked about discipline, which I've been learning a lot about lately. Discipline is not just punishment for doing something wrong. It's also "an exercise or regimen that develops or improves a skill". To be good at something, we have to work at it! We have to make the time for it and put the effort in. I'm learning this both through running and in my walk with the Lord. I'm excited about this new year because I believe it will be an awesome year of growth for me!

Scroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment