Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Endorphins

This week I've had a lot of energy! It's probably because I've been working out a lot lately. I don't know why, but recently I've had a lot of motivation to exercise. I've gotten to the point where I love to workout! I actually look forward to it. Sometimes it's still hard to fit it into my day, but I try to plan time for it as much as possible. I still love running, but lately I've added more cross-training into my routine, which adds a nice variety to my workouts. It's so fun planning different workouts and different running routes! And the weather has been gorgeous! It just makes me want to get outside!

This was my workout schedule this week:
Monday: Swam 52 lengths
Tuesday: Ran 6 miles
Wednesday: Rest day
Thursday: Ran 6 miles
Friday: Gym workout
            -Bike: 5 miles
            -Arms: 3 sets each of triceps, biceps, and deltoids
            -Bike: 5 miles
            -Abs: 200 crunches (50 standard crunches, 50 Russian twist, 25 crunches vertical legs, 25 right leg up, 25 left leg up, 25 suitcase crunches)
            -Plank: 30 seconds
            -Push-ups: 20
            -Superman: 20
Saturday: Gym workout
                -Bike: 5 miles
                -Lunges: 20 each leg
                -Push-ups: 10
                -Bike: 5 miles
Sunday: Hiked 5 miles

Sunday was supposed to be a rest day for me, but it was such a beautiful day that my roomies plus Alicia and I decided to go on a hike and enjoy the nice weather. It's been in the 60's and 70's recently- which is crazy for January! We went to Pocahontas State Park which is only about 30 minutes away. It was a pretty drive out there and a nice easy 5 mile hike. Perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. :)

1 comment:

  1. You must be seriously ripped by now ;) Oh, and I love the Elle Woods reference!

    ReplyDelete