Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because I feel like it's a formula for failure. Everyone seems to get caught up in the idea of new beginnings and people vow to make changes that they aren't ever going to follow through on. So while I have weekly or monthly goals that I want to accomplish, I don't typically set goals for the year.

This year, however, I started to think of what I want to accomplish in one of my last years as a student. Hopefully in 2013, I'll graduate from PT school and get a real job, and then life will be different. So I asked myself what I wanted to accomplish this year while I have the opportunity. I thought a lot about it and added things to my list all throughout January, I just haven't posted it until now.

Here's my list for 2012:
  1. Run a marathon
  2. Read 12 books (one a month)
  3. Become a member of my church
  4. Eat more fruits and veggies
  5. Run a sub-2 hour half marathon
  6. Drink more water
  7. Read through the New Testament
  8. Memorize James 1
  9. Do outdoor activities at every opportunity
  10. Discover more of what Richmond has to offer.
These are the things I truly want to accomplish this year. I'm excited for it instead of daunted (the way I usually feel when I make resolutions). I love this list and I can't wait to do all of these things in 2012!

Here's what I've done so far:
  • Read 12 books- I've read Anna Karenina and all the books in the Hunger Games series (Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay). Total = 4.
  • Eat more fruits and veggies- I've been packing lots of fruits and veggies as snacks to take to school. Also, I've been buying the Steamfresh veggies to make with dinners.
  • Drink more water- Thanks to an awesome water bottle I got for my birthday, I've been drinking about three 20 oz bottles of water a day. Big improvement from before!
  • Read through the NT- I've read Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and James.
  • Memorize James 1- I've got the first 11 verses down.
  • Do outdoor activities at every opportunity- I've gone hiking once so far. I'm hoping to do a lot more as the weather gets warmer.
I'm off to a good start, I think. It's hard to believe that almost 3 months have gone by since this year started!

1 comment: