Wednesday, March 6, 2013

In like a lion

March, so far, has lived up to its reputation of coming "in like a lion" in more ways than one.
A snowstorm blew in last night and dumped buckets of slush and ice, messing up my plans to go to DC for a few days. But the weather took a backseat to everything else going on this month!

I finished up my clinical rotation in Roanoke, drove to Richmond, and moved into an apartment I had never seen before. When I got to the leasing office and encountered some problems with paperwork, I wondered if I would get to see it at all! Thankfully, it all worked out, although it took several hours and a trip to Kroger to get a money order.

My mom and I moved my "bare essentials" into my new place. Bare essentials still included a mattress and box spring, table and chairs, boxes of textbooks, and assorted boxes of kitchen supplies and clothes. My dad and brother missed yet another move-in while my mom and I were busy lugging all these heavy objects up the stairs. They were gone for the weekend at a weight lifting expo. Ironic.

On a whim, my mom and I decided to go to IKEA to look for a cheap futon/ sofa bed. Luckily, we found one for a great price. Unfortunately, that meant we had to carry it up the stairs. Then we had to put it together. It looks great, though, and I love it!

The MOST stressful thing this week was a series of job interviews and tours. On Monday I had an interview that lasted for 2 hours. On Tuesday, I had tours at two different rehab facilities. I was exhausted by Tuesday night, overwhelmed by all the information and decisions I'll have to make. I don't really have a clear idea yet of where exactly I want to work. I'm leaning pretty strongly towards rehab (as opposed to outpatient or acute) but there are still endless possibilities within that setting.

March has certainly brought its share of stress and uncertainty to my life. I hope it lives up to the rest of the saying and goes "out like a lamb".

No comments:

Post a Comment