Sunday, February 24, 2013

Some cool blogs

These are some of the cool blogs I've stumbled upon lately:

Art Of Manliness

Nerd Fitness

Nomadic Matt

One thing these blogs have in common- instead of living the typical "American Dream", these guys paved their own way and they're each doing something they really enjoy. I was especially inspired recently by these articles on traveling:

How to go anywhere you desire (Nomadic Matt)

How to accomplish that big mission on your bucket list (Nerd Fitness)

Inspired by this, I decided to write down some specific bucket list items so that I can start working towards them in the next 5 years. I love adventure, but always seem to defer my dreams to "later". These articles have given me hope that anything is possible if you make it a priority! I also love the fact that there's tips for saving money and tips on how to travel cheaply.

Places I want to go:
2-3 month tour of Europe (France, Spain, and Italy mainly)
New Zealand and Australia
Hawaii (again)
African Safari

Making it to a goal isn't always easy. It's a steady process of taking it one step at a time. That goes for a lot of things, not just saving up for a vacation. I loved these articles about persevering towards a goal:

What's your 20 mile march? Art of Manliness

The Race to the South Pole (and what it can teach you about achieving goals)

It might take awhile to save up for these trips (or to accomplish any other number of goals that I have), but all it takes for success is a plan and some determination!

No comments:

Post a Comment