Thursday, February 7, 2013

Saving money at Tar-get

On Tuesday, I got a day off to make up for working on Saturday. I decided to do a little shopping with some of my Christmas money. I spent a wonderful afternoon browsing Target racks. They have a ton of stuff on clearance right now, I guess to make room for all the Spring/Summer clothes. I had originally gone to look for a pair of running pants, but my dream pants were $40 (and sold out in my size anyway). So I ended up with all this instead:
I absolutely love the skinny jeans I got. Target has a bunch on clearance right now in all different sizes, fits, styles, and colors! They have style numbers that range from #1 (which is high waisted, relaxed fit) to #6 (which is low waist, straight cut). Both of mine are style #6. I love that they have different fits for different body types, but the same basic design. I also got a pajama set. I love pajama tops from Target because they're seamless, tagless, and super soft and comfortable. I'm picky about no tags rubbing while I'm sleeping! Last of all, I had to hit up the dollar section for some sweet $1 steals.

My clothing finds:
2 pairs of skinny jeans (white and peach)
Pink tank top
Pajama top and shorts
Knee-high black socks

Dollar section stuff:
2 cute boxes
3 patterns of wrapping paper
Dry erasers
Dry erase markers

The best part: I got everything for under $50!

I was thisclose to buying some more stuff, but I'm holding out for some sales. I love the sports bras at Target, but they cost $17, so I usually wait until they're discontinuing one of the colors; then it goes on sale for $11. I loved some of the beach cover-ups, but they were $17-$25 each, and that seems like a lot to pay for a sundress.
Some other good deals: they had bins of cute socks for $2.50 each, and I've just discovered that they have really cheap ($5) nickel-free earrings at Target (which is perfect for me because I'm allergic to nickel!) Needless to say, 1) I'm a cheapskate and 2) I love Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment