Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Road trip to Colorado

The best thing about travel PT is getting 3 weeks off in between assignments! I love getting a big chunk of vacation time all at once rather than a day off here and there. I tried to make the most of my time off, by doing what I love- traveling to new places! I went to Wilmington, NC for a few days to visit my friend Emma, then I spent Thanksgiving in Lynchburg with friends and family, then got packed and ready for the road trip out to Colorado!
Setting out on this crazy journey.
I drove to Nashville, where my mom met me at the airport. We spent a couple days sightseeing in Nashville (which deserves its own post). We crammed everything we wanted to see and do into a very short amount of time! Then began the long drive from Nashville to Colorado. We split the drive into two days and made a pit stop for a few hours to see the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.
St. Louis Arch - Gateway to the West

The windows in the Arch are super tiny.

We finally got to Wray, CO and I got to see the place where I'll be living for the next 3 months. It's pretty small, but I have a cozy little room, and it's right down the road from where I'll be working. My mom and I spent a couple days getting me settled. We also checked out the library, the gym, the coffee shop, and the two restaurants in town- so basically we went everywhere there is to go in town. It's a small town. I hope I like it here!
My room.

Wray, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment