Friday, June 11, 2010

Back in Mass

Well, I'm back in my hometown of Holden, Massachusetts for the week. I'm glad to be here at my home for what may be the last time. My parents are trying to sell their house now that all 3 of us kids have moved out. The house is too big for just the two of them, I guess, and my mom is tired of doing most of the cleaning, lawn mowing, and pool care by herself while my dad works long hours at the hospital. They're ready to move, but I'll be sad to say goodbye to this place. I have so many great memories growing up here- swimming in the pool, playing kickball with the neighborhood kids, birthday parties, sleepovers, etc. I'll miss this house.

One of the ironic things about selling the house is that my parents have had to update some things in order to sell it. My mom got the granite countertops she wanted in the kitchen, we took down wallpaper and repainted the bedrooms, and we got a new stove. Our house looks nicer now than in the past 17 years that we've lived here!

One last note about Massachusetts: it is COLD here! I mean that it's colder than it normally is in the middle of June. Usually after a few weeks of summer in Virginia, I'm ready to come home to temperatures in the 70's, nice breezes, and a few more clouds. I prefer it not to be unbearably hot during my summer vacation. But this time, I went from high 90's to mid 60's! It's just a little too chilly. Unfortunately, I left most of my clothes in Richmond after the move. I have one small suitcase filled with shorts, tank tops, and t-shirts, none of which are doing me a bit of good! Thank goodness I packed a pair of jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment