Saturday, June 5, 2010

Moving in

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. I'm still trying to cram in as much fun as possible before I start grad school. Last week, the goal was to visit as many of my friends as possible. Tristan and I went to Hampton, VA to visit our friend Becky and we went to Virginia Beach together. Another summer activity to check off my list! Then we drove to Tristan's hometown, Montross, where my friend Doug also happens to live. Doug was hosting a Memorial Day weekend get-together at his mom's house, so I got to see a bunch of my Liberty friends again!

All in all, a great week! However, when I got home there was a ton of work to be done. I had to pack up all my stuff and be ready to move it to Richmond the next day. My parents came down from Massachusetts to help with the move and my dad brought his truck to transport all my stuff. Even then, it took 2 trips to Richmond with both my dad's truck and my car packed to the brim. The two days we moved were also brutally hot. We were all dripping with sweat as we carried my things down the very LONG hallway to my apartment.

The good news is, I love my new apartment! I've set up my room and I love the way it looks. I can't wait to finally move in for good and get settled in my new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment