Friday, May 21, 2010

Long & lazy summer days

Post-grad adventure #3: The ability to be lazy.
Today was such a beautiful day. It was sunny but breezy, warm but not humid. It was nearly perfect weather. What did I do? Slept in till 10, made waffles for breakfast, and did a little grocery shopping. Then, after lunch, I took a nap for a couple hours. Now, before I get annoyed with myself for "wasting" a beautiful day, I had to think, "How often do I have a day free where I have absolutely nothing scheduled?" The truth is, not that often. It was nice just to relax and enjoy summer without anything hanging over my head. That's the beauty of summer: The whole day seems to stretch before me with so many options and I get to choose exactly what I want to do. Not what I need to do based on my obligations, but whatever spontaneous or meaningless thing I choose to do. It's wonderful.

Of course, the reason that today was so carefree is because I'd already taken care of some things that I needed to get done beforehand. Earlier this week, I bought my books for my summer class and sent in a check to pay for the class. I set up some of the last volunteer hours I'll need. And I got some last details taken care of for my new apartment. I should be all set to move in and start classes! So today, I took a day off and enjoyed the bliss that is summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment