Sunday, May 9, 2010

Luau and other events

I had a luau party at my house on Thursday evening, which was a reading day (no classes). I made shish kabobs and we grilled burgers for dinner. We also had tons of fruit- pineapples, strawberries, mango, and cantaloupe. I found a great shish kabob marinade online that I loved!

The murder mystery wasn't as good as some of the other ones I've played, just because there wasn't as much suspicion on everyone, but it was still fun to dress up as our characters and try to figure out who committed the crime. Two of the guests ended up guessing correctly, although I didn't figure it out.

After the party, we all played Quelf, a board game I got for my birthday back in March. It is the most random, ridiculous game, but it can be SO funny if you play with people who are willing to be a little ridiculous. During the course of the game, Justin had to get down on one knee and sing a love song (He picked "A Whole New World"), there was a vicious thumb war, and we had to come up with things that would be found inside a volcano.

Other than that, on Friday I got a LOT of studying done, on Saturday I went to JMU to go to my friends' graduation party (Congrats Tristan and Emily!), and today I'm going to get a lot more studying done. My finals start tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Here's the marinade recipe:
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon ginger
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

    ReplyDelete