Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh Richmond!

I'm finally here in Richmond and my first day of grad school is tomorrow! Well, orientation starts tomorrow, at least. Actual classes start on Thursday, I think. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm still getting used to Richmond. I drove down here on Friday and spent Saturday settling in and organizing all my stuff. A good part of the day was spent putting together an island that my mom had bought me from Ikea. It was harder to put together than I anticipated, and by the time I'd finished, I was dripping in sweat. But I did manage to put it together and it's great to have some extra counter space in the kitchen!

On Saturday night, my roommates and I got to meet some of the other people who will be in the DPT program at VCU. We hung out at someone's house and then we all went to a bar together. All I can say is that the VCU/Richmond scene is definitely a lot different from the Liberty scene! I'm not really used to it at all.

I'm starting to find my way around a little bit. Yesterday I went to Kroger to get a few groceries and it's right down the road from my apartment. Today my roommate Kelly and I went to the VCU gym to work out. It's a pretty nice gym and there's a separate gym for students from the MCV campus, which is a huge plus! Tomorrow's the real test though. I'm hoping my first day at VCU will be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment