Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday catch-ups

I love Tuesdays almost as much as I dislike Mondays. On Tuesday, I only have one class, so it's a chance for me to get caught up on all the things I don't have time for the rest of the week. Today I slept in, got my laundry done in the morning, and finished typing up an assignment for my Professional Aspects class. After class I got some other homework done and took an online quiz, which turned out to be harder than I thought.

Dinner was great tonight. Kelly made chicken covered in some kind of buttery, crunchy coating. I'm going to have to get the recipe from her! She also made sweet potato fries and cupcakes for dessert. And this morning she made cranberry oatmeal muffins, so I got a warm one for breakfast. It was a good day.

Despite things going pretty well in school, I find myself getting homesick more than usual. I think it's because I don't have the Christian fellowship here that I did at Liberty. I have friends from my class, but they're not super-close friends like my friends from LU and camp. I just always feel this barrier, beacuse I can't talk about things like God or politics with them.

When I heard someone say that they'd get an abortion if they got pregnant during grad school, I felt sick to my stomach. When I hear people talk about their drunken experiences and hook-ups, it makes me uncomfortable. I really like some of the girls in my class, but I know they have liberal political views and live with their boyfriends, and that makes me sad. It's just a different world. I like these people, I get along with them, they're my friends- but I don't agree with their lifestyle at all. That makes it hard to be close friends. I've kind of accepted that, but it just makes me miss my family and closest friends all the more.

3 comments:

  1. Kim, I'm sorry it's been so rough adjusting to being in a super secular environment. I know it's tough. Praying for you, that you'd be a good influence on those around you. Have you found a good church to be involved in? Maybe a Bible study or something to connect with good solid Christian friends too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! with that last paragraph, especially the guys here are so vulgar and gross. I've only met two decent guys that I even talk too. And most of the girls in my classes are weekend warriors...so it gets pretty annoying hearing about how they are failing their classes but yet spend the weekends partying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well some of the girls in my class spend the weekend partying, but still get really good grades. It's not fair! lol

    ReplyDelete