Tuesday, January 25, 2011

City Life


Now that I’ve lived in Richmond for over 6 months, I can say that I’m really enjoying living in the city. Before this, I’ve lived in: a quiet neighborhood in the suburbs, a college dorm on campus, and a townhouse in a nice community. I can honestly say that for this stage of my life, living in a mid-size city was a good decision.

With my busy grad school schedule, having everything nearby has been a huge blessing. The grocery store is literally 2 minutes away from my house. I can walk there if I want to. There are a million different places to eat and shop. When I want to go somewhere more upscale, Short Pump mall is only 20 minutes away. Best of all, most of my friends in the program live close by, so it’s easy to get together or plan study time.

There’s so much to see and do in the city. Unfortunately, I’m usually so busy with school that I miss out on a lot of it. One of my goals this year is to explore more of Richmond. I want to try more of the restaurants, go to some of the museums, and go to some of the events that occur here all the time. And I’d like to do all of this as cheaply as possible on my grad school budget!

3 comments:

  1. I like your new wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new background too! So cute. And I understand what you mean about city life. Not that Harrisonburg counts as a city or anything, but it is so convenient having everything at the drop of a hat. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything to do here. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! That's why we all need to live in Richmond for awhile. There's usually something going on, but I feel like I can't take advantage of it now because I'm so busy with school. But we would have a lot of fun here!

    ReplyDelete