Tuesday, April 19, 2011

De's bridal shower

This weekend I was in Lynchburg for De's bridal shower! As the maid of honor, I planned most of it, but since the shower was in Lynchburg (and I am not), I had help from De's amazing roommate, Sarah. I have to say, the event went better than planned. I was a little nervous because I was sure I would forget something or that I would run out of games, but it turned out fine. Everyone had a lot of fun, and they all loved the games and food! I made these Irish Creme cookies and decorated them with De's wedding colors, and they were a big hit!


De arrives at her bridal shower!
I started out by having everyone who arrived take a notecard and write a message for De. I'm planning to put together a photo album later with all the notes plus pictures of De with each of her friends. Then we played some party games. Instead of the typical bridal shower games, we did Minute To Win It games. I was nervous that some of the games would be too difficult (and some were) but it was hilarious watching people try! These are some of the games we played:
De and I try to "Face the Cookie" (aka slide the cookie from our foreheads to our mouths)
Danielle and Jeanne try to thread penne onto spaghetti by "Noodling Around".
"Matchmaker"- Amie sorts M&M's hiding under cups
These are just a few of the games! We also played "Paper Dragon", "Don't Blow the Joker", and "Bite Me". A complete list of these games can be found on the Minute to Win it website. After the games, De opened her presents while Sarah secretly wrote down what she said as she opened them. Then we read back what De had said and told her it's what she may say on her wedding night. She had lots of good phrases, like "It's so pretty!" and "This is cute", but my favorite quote was "This is the right size!" Hahaha!- we were all laughing so hard. We finished the night playing "Fishbowl", which is a really fun party game. I'll post instructions on how to play that in a future post. All in all, the bridal shower was a big success and a lot of fun!
Leslie, De, and Me

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a spiffy event! I'm so happy for De. I thought your thing about the quotes from De's comments and the whole wedding night business was quite hilarious, by the way. :D Laughed out loud right here in the clubhouse at our apartment complex!

    ReplyDelete