Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools!

I started reading a blog called Our Best Bites, and on it, I saw the cutest cupcakes for April Fools day! These ideas are from the book Hello Cupcake, a book I might have to buy since I'm never that creative on my own! I loved that these cupcakes look like a dinner, and they looked so easy to do, I had to try. I used the idea suggested on Our Best Bites for how to save time- I simply went to the bakery section of the grocery store and bought plain white cupcakes. Then I was free to have all the fun of decorating them without any baking involved.

Here's a picture: You have your spaghetti and meatballs, mashed potatoes with a pat of butter, and peas and carrots!
 Here's a picture of the tops. The meatball is a Ferrero Rocher candy rolled in warm jam, the pat of butter is a flattened yellow starburst with some butterscotch topping drizzled around it, and the peas and carrots are green runts and cut-up orange starbursts.
Here's a picture of a dozen of the ones I made. I brought them into class and they were a big hit! I think the meatballs were the favorite- they were gone the quickest.
Happy April Fools Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment