Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Goals revisited

Back in October, I set some goals for myself. They were:
  1. Computer- limit to 1 hour a day.
  2. Study- 1 hour a day (more than that on weekends).
  3. Go to bed by 10pm.
Time to re-assess. How have I been doing?

1. I have to admit, I still waste time on the computer, although the sites I spend time on have changed. I used to be somewhat addicted to Facebook; now I'm more likely to be browsing Pinterest or reading blogs. I'm not sure that it's a big improvement, but I figure that at least I'm learning something or getting ideas for recipes and projects from my new favorite sites. I realized that Facebook has very limited value to encourage or inspire me, while the blogs I read often have good ideas, words of wisdom, or encouraging stories. The sole reason I've kept Facebook around is to be able to share pictures. Anyway, this isn't a huge problem right now, so this goal goes on the back burner for awhile.

2. This semester I've been able to keep up with my classes pretty well. This semester is also easier than the last and it's not necessary for me to study an hour every day. This goal gets scratched. :)

3. Going to bed early is still one of my goals. For a while I was doing really well on this one, but lately I've been getting to bed about an hour later than I want to. I need to get back in the habit! When I go to bed early and get up early, I can get SO much done in the morning. I love to have time for my devotions, a workout, and a long shower and breakfast before I have to leave for school. This goal is definitely a top priority.

New goals:
  1. Go to bed by 10pm.
  2. Have a daily devotion.
  3. Workout at least 3 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment