Friday, September 7, 2012

On second thought

I've already mentioned that the Virginia Beach race was a tough one for me. I didn't exactly meet all my goals. I did however, manage to achieve a pretty significant goal that I didn't even know I had: I wasn't as sore after the race! Normally, I'm pretty darn sore for a few days after a race. It takes me a full day of rest before I'm able to walk up stairs normally and about 2-3 days before I'm able to walk down stairs normally.

This time, I had some quad soreness, but not nearly as much as usual. The day after the race, Tristan and I walked around Short Pump. By Wednesday, I was ready to run again. Not just a short run, but 10 miles! This was really important for my marathon training. I needed to be able to bounce back from the race and return to my normal running regimen. And I did. Wooooo-hoooooo!

Come to think of it, the race weekend was a pretty good time (besides the actual race itself, haha). We had a great road trip jamming out to Miley Cyrus and Jana Kramer,
we made it to the beach,
we drove through a strange city on a nearly empty tank of gas (and when we made it to a gas station, they were out of regular gas, so we had to drive to the next gas station)!

We chilled in a nifty little hotel (and even found a surprise bra that someone left behind a chair)

and I got to spend the weekend with one of my very best friends! That made it worth it, despite anything else that happened or didn't happen.

Half marathon PR's: definitely not.
Quality friend time: check!

(Sorry for the poor quality phone photos).

1 comment:

  1. You're my favorite. And it ended up being such a good weekend! I loved it. I'm gonna miss you when I leave Richmond!!

    ReplyDelete