Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One final dose of school stress

I don't think I've mentioned it on my blog yet, but I'm officially a THIRD YEAR student now (and have been since school started in August)! This semester is supposed to be "easy". I only have 3 classes and a case study presentation. What I'm realizing is that easy doesn't necessarily mean stress-free. This week I started to get overwhelmed by all the things I need to get done in the next two weeks.
It may not seem like a lot, but I have to complete:
  • Group presentation
  • Case study presentation
  • Portfolio (a final project that includes quite a few papers)
  • Paperwork for my upcoming clinical
The first 3 items are huge. Each one accounts for 75%-100% of my grade for the class. I feel like my head is swimming with articles and research studies. Ugh. Luckily my group presentation is tomorrow; once I get that out of the way, I'll be so relieved! I'm so ready to be done with all these projects.

Somewhere in there, I also have to take the PEAT (Practice Exam and Assessment Tool for PT) which I'm really nervous about because it's basically a practice test for the boards. I also have to make sure I get a background check, flu shot, and parking pass for my clinical.

The good news is that these next two weeks are the final weeks of classes for me forever! (Unless I decide to get a PhD. I need to remind myself NEVER to do that!) After these next two weeks, I have three clinical rotations, and then I graduate in May. I'm a little scared to get a "real" job, but I'm going to be SO GLAD when I'm FINALLY done with school. I just feel like I've been in school forever and I'm ready to move on to the next stage in life. I love learning but I'm tired of doing it within the structure of school. It'll be interesting  to see where this next year takes me. Probably once I'm out of school I'll miss all the free time I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment