Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pen Pals

I love getting mail. Not bills and junk mail, but handwritten letters and cards. In this day and age, it's easy to send someone a message through Facebook, texting, or e-mail, but there's something so personal about snail mail. Handwritten notes are usually so much more thoughtful. It means a lot to me when someone takes the time and effort to think of me and write a letter.

I have a couple friends who live far away, so I rarely get to see them. My friend Dan lives in Hawaii and my friend Julia lives in Pennsylvania. These two are my current pen pals. I haven't seen either of them in the past two years, but we've kept in touch through letters.

I also like to write little notes for friends sometimes. I have a box of pretty cards that are blank inside. They're perfect for writing thank you notes or a great way to make a personalized card for a bridal shower or baby shower (I've been to lots of both recently!)

I got my cards at Ross, but I'm sure you could find something similar at another discount store (Marshalls, TJ Maxx). I got a pack of 50 cards for $7 (a great deal considering one card at Hallmark is about $3). There are 10 different designs, and all the patterns are so pretty. Like I said, the inside is blank, so you can write whatever you want. I used some stickers that I had to make personalized cards for Julia and Dan. Simple but cute, and so easy and cheap to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment