Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A few of my faves

There are some things that are simply the best. They far outshine other items in their categories and tempt you to buy them again and again. Whenever I buy an inferior product, I realize why these are head and shoulders above the rest. I guess I can be a little fanatical about my favorite things, but when I find something good, I want to let everyone know so they can enjoy it too!

Best Cereal: Cinnabon
This is my favorite cereal. In general, I don't like cereal all that much. I used to like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but the cereal gets soggy after a few bites. I used to eat cereals like Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms, but I hate it when the milk turns a weird color. Cinnabon is the only cereal I've found that tastes delicious (plain or with milk), doesn't get soggy, and isn't full of artificial flavors that discolor the milk. I've driven to 3 different stores before in search of it when I couldn't find it. It is the best!

Best Sour Candy: Sour Patch Kids Berries
I love Sour Patch Kids, and sour candy in general. The one problem I have with it is that lemon always seems to be one of the flavors, and I don't like lemon. For awhile, I really liked Sour Patch Watermelon, but after awhile you get sick of one flavor. I also liked Lifesaver Gummies Sours and Sour gummy worms, but nothing compares to Sour Patch... except for that pesky lemon. But then they came out with Sour Patch berries. All the flavors are good and all the flavor combinations are good. (With the regular pack I always eat the red and green together, orange by itself, and avoid the yellow).

Best Soda: Diet Dr. Pepper
 
For a long time, I would've said Diet Coke. And I still love Diet Coke. But let's be real: a big part of the reason why I like Diet Coke is because I got used to the taste. I don't think it actually tastes like non-diet soda. It's not exactly loaded with flavor. Diet Dr. Pepper is the first soda that I think tastes like real soda in a good way. It has some flavor to it, but it's not overly sweet like full-calorie soda. (I can't drink real soda anymore because it tastes so sickeningly sweet to me). Ironically, back when I did drink real soda, Dr. Pepper was the one soda I didn't like. But the diet version is awesome.

Best Gum: Wrigley's 5 Rain
The one thing that always annoys me about gum is that it loses its flavor so quickly. I've found Wrigley's Rain to be incredibly minty for much longer than most other gum. I love the flavor and I love that it lasts so long. Some of the other flavors in the 5 series are good too, like Cobalt and RPM (the mint one). I've never tried any of the fruity ones since I don't like fruit flavored gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment