Friday, January 9, 2015

Highlights of 2014

The last year has been a good one! It's also been full of changes. Most notably, I quit my full-time job and started travel PT. After moving across the country, starting a job in Colorado, and feeling quite lonely and unsure for a few days, now I can honestly say that I'm loving it! My patients are really sweet, my co-worker is awesome, and I only have to work 32 hours a week! I'm also learning a little more about management stuff: scheduling, billing, Medicare reimbursement, etc. Every facility has slightly different ways of doing things, and I learn something different at every job, which I think is one of the benefits of being a travel PT. I'm so glad I took the chance to step out of my comfort zone and try something new! I also loved the opportunity to take some time off and do some traveling of my own between assignments.

Here are my highlights of 2014:
Started the year off right with a weekend ski trip to Snowshoe.
Ran 4 Spring half marathons with Tristan!
Took road trips to half marathons.
Quit my job.
Started training for my second full marathon.
Ran two more half marathons.
Hiked Mt. Katahdin.
Moved back to Lynchburg and started a job in Bedford as a travel PT.
Met some awesome people: some running friends and Taylor Swift friends.
Got to play with my adorable niece, Lilli.
Continued to train for MCM.


Taylor Swift's cd 1989 was released.
Halloween Party.

Went to Nashville.

Went to Colorado.

Skied at Vail and Breckenridge.

Moved to Wray, Colorado.

2014 was a great year for running: 7 half marathons, 2 full marathons, a 10 mile race, a 20 mile race, and a 5K. It was a great year for traveling: Myrtle Beach, Raleigh, Dominican Republic, Nashville, and Colorado. I hope to continue running and traveling even more in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment