Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My very first post

I'm starting this blog because I'm about to start graduate school. I'm going to be in the physical therapy program at VCU for the next 3 and a half years. Although it seems like a long time, I have a feeling that the time is going to fly by, and I'm going to look back and wonder where it went. Hopefully this blog will help me capture some thoughts and memories that would otherwise disappear as quickly as they came.

Coming up with a title took me awhile. I wanted it to be something unique, maybe something a little clever, or something with a hidden meaning. I tried to come up with something meaningful, using phrases from my favorite books, poems, and Bible verses. I guess I wasn't being that creative, because everything I tried had already been taken. Finally, I thought, "This is a blog about me, so why not just use my name?" So I did, but I shortened my last name to "span". I think this fits because I'm going to be blogging about the span of years between graduating college and getting a job in the real word (aka the in-between alternate reality of grad school!)

Here's one of the definitions of span: "a section between two intermediate supports". If that's not a great analogy for grad school, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment