Thursday, April 29, 2010

Saving money is fun

Today I did my grocery shopping for the week. I just got money for May, so I figured I'd spend about $100 on groceries and try to make that stretch as long as possible (I'm thinking till May 12th, which is when I'm done with classes). My brother and I went to Kroger at 9:30 tonight, which was great because no one was there. I came prepared with a shopping list and a full stomach so I wouldn't overspend!

I added up the groceries in my head as I went along and after I got all the items on my list, I figured the total would probably be about $70 (under budget- score!) Actually, the total came to $66.16, which is even better. Since I saved so much on groceries, I decided to fill my tank since I was almost on empty. My gas total came to $34, so I got gas and groceries for about $100.

Sweet. I love saving money.

1 comment: