Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Homefront

Life at home after being away at college is always interesting. Sometimes it's a little weird adjusting from being all on my own to being part of a family again. I'm not used to being told what to do or getting yelled at anymore. But I don't mind it all that much. When I'm not here I miss the honesty and the easy familiarity that comes with being around my family. One thing's for sure though- I can't come home and quietly watch tv or browse the web on my computer. There's always a constant hubbub in this house, and with Bud around, it's usually 10 decibels above a normal speaking level.

There's always something going on- and none of it involves schoolwork, which makes me happy! Some of my friends say they get bored when they go home, but around here there's never a dull moment. I have so many normal life things to catch up on- tv shows to watch, books to read, movies to watch, recipes to try- the list goes on. My mom got me a pass to the gym, so I've been going to exercise classes with her too. Also, Leslie and Bud and I got the newest Nancy Drew computer game, so we've been playing that each evening, which has been a ton of fun.

Having home-cooked meals is another great thing about being home. The funny part is that Bud has cooked a lot of them! He loves food so much and he kind of controls what we eat around here. His newest thing that he likes to make is homemade pizza on a special flatbread crust. One night we made barbecue chicken pizza and spinach feta cheese pizza and it was delicious!
We also spent an entire evening making caramel popcorn for my dad's coworkers. We made toffee, heath, dark & white chocolate, and Reese's flavors. Here's just one of those batches.

No comments:

Post a Comment