Saturday, December 4, 2010

Community

This past week has been crazy. There are so many different lab practicals and final exams to prepare for, no one seems to know where to begin! I actually feel a kind of excitement whenever final exams loom ahead. It's actually more like a mix of nervousness, anticipation, and a feeling of exhilaration that this semester is almost over. It's kind of like that last burst of energy you get right near the end of a game, even if you're tired and worn out. It's easier to stay motivated when the end is in sight!

What's been kind of fun to see is how the pressures of finals week has really made our class feel like a tight-knit community. We're all stressing out and we've been helping each other through it, passing on advice and words of encouragement. Lunch break has become a study time with a sandwich on the side. A bunch of us will go into lab and practice goniometer measurements, amputee stump wrapping, and sterile field set-ups. It's kind of fun to have everyone in there laughing and talking and stressing and studying.

I've discovered I learn a lot more studying like this with a lot of people. Everyone remembers something different that's important, and when I take all that knowledge and put it together, I've just learned a lot more than I ever would have studying by myself. It's also good to feel like I'm not alone. Everyone else in my class is in the same situation, and we're going to make it through together!

No comments:

Post a Comment