Monday, February 7, 2011

My plan failed miserably

My sneaky little plan that I wrote about here did not work at all. Not only did I have to answer several questions, but I had to go up to the front of the classroom to do it! My professor for Measurement and Assessment (I'll call him Dr. Puzzle) was not in a very good mood today, and he started calling on people left and right. I think I made a little too much eye contact because he pointed right at me and asked me to come to the front of the class and answer some questions about the arthrokinematics of knee flexion.

Luckily, I remembered from kinesiology last semester that when the tibia moves on the femur, it rolls and glides posteriorly. But then he asked what limits the motion. At first I said ACL, but by the look on his face I knew that wasn't right, so then I guessed anterior capsule. Thankfully he liked that answer and went on to talk about how the anterior capsule becomes taut. Meanwhile, I'm still up at the front of the room just hanging out. He asked another question I think, but I don't remember what it was. I was so grateful when he told me I could go back to my seat!

Dr. Puzzle has about a dozen online articles he wants us to read so he can ask us questions about them in class. I haven't read any of them yet because they're so boring. But after today, I feel like maybe I should start.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the downsides of being in a class of 22. Everyone knows everyone's name so when the teachers come calling, you better know your stuff. At least you were prepared and sounded like you rocked your answers! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete