Saturday, February 19, 2011

This world is not all there is

This world is not all there is;
I can tell by the secrets the wind whispers
And by the delicate buds on the flower.

There is more to the story;
I know it when I see a majestic mountain
Or a tiny snowflake that seems handcrafted
Just for me to appreciate.

I know there’s a great force at work when I
Hear laughter, or see a hundred faces a day
And they’re all different, yet beautiful
Each in their own way.

I hear it in music, in birdsong, in the humming of technology,
In the crash of the waves on the shore.
I see it in art, in landscaping, in the trees, and in my fingers
And I know, there’s got to be more.

More than this earth, more than we can see
More than we can know or understand
I can’t wrap my mind around it completely,
But I know for sure: This world is not all there is.

Don’t despair; there’s something more.
Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment