Saturday, May 21, 2011

Clinical week 1

I've completed my first week of clinical! Only 5 more weeks to go. My clinical is great in that my CI (clinical instructor) only works part time... but that means that I have to do six weeks instead of four. I don't mind though. I like having some free time to enjoy my summer, and I appreciate not having to work a full 8 hour day.

So far, I've enjoyed working on the rehab unit. I've gotten to see some patients with spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and strokes (or, in shorthand: SCI, TBI, and CVA). My CI lets me help out quite a bit, which helps the day go by faster. I get kind of bored if I'm not doing anything. I've gotten to walk with patients, give exercises, and help do other therapeutic activities, such as toss a ball to a pt for balance and coordination.

Although my clinical is going well (I'm so glad I didn't end up at a skilled nursing facility, which is where Audrey has to work), I'm sad that I have to stay here in Richmond instead of going home. Normally the best part of getting to the end of the semester is the anticipation of getting to go home and see my family again. I really miss them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment