Monday, May 9, 2011

Finals week staples

I've been studying for the past four days and I feel like I'm about to go crazy! I've spent the majority of the last few days holed up at a table in Panera with my books spread out on the table, trying to memorize every detail of microanatomy that I possibly can. When I get tired of studying for micro, I squeeze a little bit of M&S or rehab in there too. I'll be so glad when finals week is over!

I've had to take a few breaks from all the studying to maintain my sanity. This involved ordering Chinese and renting a movie on Saturday night, and going to Sweet Frog for ice cream on Sunday night. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Sweet Frog is frozen yogurt place that recently opened in Richmond. It's a big hit- every time I go there the place is packed (and for good reason). They have unusual, yet very delicious flavors, and you get to do your own toppings! It's a lot of fun, and not too expensive.

Here are some of my finals week staples:

Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard. I have long associated this song with finals week. I actually used to stay up all night, then sleep all day (back when I was a freshman and sophomore). I don't do that anymore, but this is still my finals week song.

Sheetz runs. I actually haven't done this since I've been in grad school, but at Liberty, finals week always involved a trip to Sheetz. Usually because it was the only place open when I pulled those all-nighters.

Panera. Of course. I've already mentioned how this is my favorite place to study.

Facebook games. Because my brain needs a break every now and then. This year it's been "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and "Family Feud" that I waste my time on in between study sessions. These games might not seem like a mental break, but at least I don't have to think about micro!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm a little upset that I won't be able to go home right after finals. (I have my clinical until the end of June). The thought of going home to see my family is one of the things that gets me through finals week. Here are some of the songs that I associate with going home:
Home - Daughtry
Get Out of This Town- Carrie Underwood
Gone - Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment