Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Cones

Last week at Bible study, I discovered Cinnamon scented pine cones. I had been sitting at the dining room table and something smelled SO good. I thought it was something baking in the oven, or maybe a scented candle (although normally I don't like scented candles too much because they're usually too overpowering). This wasn't a strong smell though; it was a faint, muted smell. Sometimes I didn't smell it at all, but then I'd get a whiff of it again, and it smelled so wonderfully Christmas-y and homey that finally I asked "What is that smell?"

Well, I found out it was the pine cones. I was extremely excited when I went to Joanne Fabrics a few days later and found those exact pine cones for sale! I bought them, along with a basket to put them in. I think they look adorable on our windowsill. I love walking into the apartment each day after school and smelling that delightful scent. It reminds me of everything Christmas- woods and cinnamon and hot chocolate and cookies baking and apple cider. I don't know how one little pine cone smells like that much goodness, but it does.
My adorable little Christmas cones
It makes me so happy! I can almost smell it through the computer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment