Friday, December 23, 2011

Cupcakes in cups

A couple weeks ago my friend Bettina invited me to a Christmas tea party. We had lots of good tea party food, including baby lasagnas, little bruschetta bites, and these yummy Shirley Temple cupcakes (I know the site says gluten free, but I didn't use gluten-free flour). They were so good that I asked Bettina to send me the recipe, and I made them myself. I think the reason they're so yummy, light, and fluffy is because there's 7-up in the batter. I love that the bottom of the cupcake is red (extra maraschino cherry juice was added to some of the batter).
The cupcakes were so cute, but I had a dilemma on how to package them with all the other goodies. I didn't want to wrap them up in something that would stick to the frosting and I didn't want to waste tons of tupperware or put them in something that you couldn't see through. My mom had a great idea- we got little clear plastic cups to put the cupcakes in. Then we wrapped both cupcake and cup with clear plastic and tied it with colored ribbon. It looked so pretty- I wish I had taken a picture because they were really adorable! I'll definitely use this idea again the next time I have to package cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment