Friday, December 16, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It's so good to be home! Bud and I drove home after my last final on Wednesday. It was a last-minute decision to try to leave on Wednesday. We were going to wait till Thursday but decided that we just wanted to get home! We didn't leave until 1pm, so we drove straight through- only two 10 minutes stops. We didn't hit any traffic and we made excellent time- we got home in 11 hours (usually it's a 12-13 hour drive)! The best part about being home (other than being with my family again) is finally having time to relax and refresh. This semester wore me out mentally and physically. I got sick the last few days of finals and lost my voice. I'm still trying to recover and can't wait to get rid of this nasty cough and cold. The good news is I'm finally done with this semester and I never have to take 21 credits again!

I have lots of fun things planned for break. First of all, I have to help my mom make cookies for my dad's coworkers. Last year we did chocolate & caramel popcorn, but this year I found lots of recipes on Pinterest and other blogs that I want to try. A bigger project that I've been wanting to do is to make a t-shirt blanket with all my old t-shirts. I don't know if there will be enough time over Christmas break, but it's definitely something I want to try in the future.Other plans for break include reading a lot, going to a Sharks hockey game, learning to run in the cold, going to exercise classes at Fitness Concepts, playing the newest Nancy Drew game, and playing on the Kinect.

I'm so excited to be home with my family again! Btw, here's a picture I found from Thanksgiving- me trying to get the frozen neck out of the turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment