Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pretty Pretzels

I've spent the past couple days baking lots of treats for my dad's coworkers, and let me just say, I am ready to be done with baking now! As excited as I was at first to make all these treats, it's a lot of work. I literally spent three days baking stuff all day long. So while it was fun at first, I'm over it. The good news is, I'm almost done and I've got lots of goodies to show for all my hard work.

One of my favorite blogs is Our Best Bites and I'd been eager to try some of their recipes. One of the first things I made was their chocolate covered pretzel rods. I found some colored sprinkles at the store and thought they'd be so cute on the pretzels. I also found an awesome brand of pretzel rods where not a single pretzel in the 2 bags I bought was broken (and now I've forgotten what brand it was, sorry!). Anyway, here's how the pretzels turned out. I used sprinkles on some and dark & white chocolate on others. I plan to get some ribbon to tie on the ends so that they look extra cute.
Here are some other recipes I tried from Our Best Bites:
Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
Peppermint Bark Rice Krispie treats

Those three recipes all seem to have a theme- peppermint and chocolate! Mainly because peppermint and chocolate is one of my favorite food pairings. They're each good separately, but together they become super delicious. Speaking of which, there's some awesome mint chocolate Christmas candy in stores right now. Like mint chocolate M&M's and mint chocolate special dark Hershey's. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment