Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pineapple Coconut Cake

I first tried a bite of this yummy dessert one night at my small group Bible study. My friend Hannah made it. She's one of those people who can whip up all sorts of delicious concoctions, so I was surprised when she told me that this cake is ridiculously simple to make!

I'm all about easy recipes and this is about as easy as they come. I made this cake for Easter brunch this year. Everyone loved it. It looks so pretty, and it tastes like a little piece of heaven!
It got eaten so quickly, I didn't get a picture until the cake was half devoured. This is the half that remained.
All you need is:
1 Angel food cake
1 20-oz can crushed pineapple
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tub cool whip
1 bag coconut flakes
Fresh fruit- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries

1. Cut angel food cake into 2 layers (you can freeze or chill the cake first to make it easier to cut).
2. Mix pineapple (don't drain), coconut, dry pudding mix, and cool whip together.
3. Spread mix on each layer of cake, stack, and spread mix on outside of cake.
4. Decorate with berries.

It's a great spring or summer dessert because it's so light and airy! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment