Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fruit Mousse

This is another recipe I made for Easter brunch. I saw this on Our Best Bites (click for detailed recipe). I wanted to try it because it looked pretty- the pastel colors are so perfect for Easter- and because it looked easy. Those are pretty much my criteria for choosing new recipes. "Does it look good?" and "Is it easy?" I don't have the time to hunt down lots of weird ingredients or the patience to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. Luckily this recipe doesn't require any of that. It's quick and easy, and it tastes pretty good too!

All you need for each layer: (I tripled the amount since I did 3 layers)
1 box fruit flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup cold water
4 oz cool whip (half the tub)

1. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place in blender and add cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
2. Add cold water and pulse to blend. Add cool whip and process until just combined and smooth.
3. Pour part of mixture into several small serving glasses. Refrigerate until firm~ about 3 hours.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with other flavors of gelatin.

Additional Thoughts:
I think the martini glasses added a nice touch. It made the dessert seem fancier than it actually was. You could use any kind of dish, but glass is nice because you can see all the layers.

I used lime, raspberry, and peach flavored gelatin. Before you serve it, you can top it with extra cool whip. Or, if you go to the link at Our Best Bites, they have a special recipe for the topping.

The fruit mousse was a hit! I love how cute they turned out. A couple guests really liked the taste of this dessert and they couldn't believe it was basically jello!

2 comments:

  1. Love! This could work really well for almost any holiday just by changing the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! It's quite a versatile dessert. :)

      Delete