Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dauber Dash

This morning Kelly and I ran the Henricus Dauber Dash! It was a 5 mile trail race with obstacles along the way. There were hay bales to climb over, mud pits to crawl through, picnic tables to "scramble" over, and a run through the James. The obstacles were cool, but not quite as fun or as difficult as the obstacles in the Muddy Buddy race.

The race was small and well organized and things got started right on time. The biggest drawback of the day: it was really hot and humid. The race didn't start until 9am so by then it had gotten up to at least 80 degrees. Definitely a change from the last mud run I did where it was freezing cold and drizzling rain the whole time. The heat and obstacles slowed my pace a little bit but I managed to finish 18th in my age group!

Here are my results:
Age group finish place: 18 (out of 111 finishers in the 20-29 group)
Gender finish place: 60
Overall finish place: 199

My time: 52:26.20
My pace: 10:29 per mile

Overall, it was fun despite the heat and humidity. I'm glad it was only five miles though because running more in that heat would have been brutal. I definitely got muddy, but there was water after each mud pit to help wash some mud off and prevent chafing. After the first mud pit, we ran through the James river. After the final mud pit, there were hoses to wash off all the mud. The cold water felt so good! The race was a fun start to my weekend. I'm really excited about getting 18th place in my age group!

No comments:

Post a Comment